Forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-08 00:29:00

mdebusk

Maintenance log

New guy here, liking what I've found... I have some suggestions about the maintenance log.

I'd have loved a way to import data from a comma-separated values file rather than having to enter my six-year-old vehicle's entire service history by hand.

I think I'd rather have a text box than a drop list for the type of service. There are dozens of different things one can do to service a vehicle, and almost all of them are not on the existing drop list. Most of the list is "check this" and "check that" (which I wouldn't consider to be maintenance, myself) and everything besides "oil change" I've had to use "other". If I'm going to fill out a text box anyway, I may as well use it each time.

Having to decline the offer of "reminder" every single time I added a service entry was quite tedious. I kept thinking to myself, "If I want a reminder, it's certainly easy enough to set one up."

Thanks for all the work you've done. It really is a nice service. I'm looking forward to breaking it in on my next fill-up.

Last edited by mdebusk (2008-02-08 01:07:06)

#2 2008-02-11 17:37:36

support team
Administrator

Re: Maintenance log

Dear mdebusk,

Thank you very much for your suggestions for maintenance log.
It totally makes sense to do history import from comma-separated file, and we will be implementing this functionality shortly.

We will also add an option to not ask for reminder when adding log records since it is annoying to decline it when entering multiple records.

We will also store your selection for service type during your session so if you put Other for last record - it would default to Other when you create new record. I hope that will be a suitable solutions for this issue.

Estimated delivery date for these features is February 22nd.

Thanks again and have a great day,
Drive safely!

#3 2008-02-11 17:50:10

mdebusk

[quote=support team]Estimated delivery date for these features is February 22nd.[/quote]
Great! That'll make it so much easier for the next new guy who comes in. smile

#4 2008-02-19 16:38:32

support team
Administrator

Dear mdebusk,

We are glad to inform you that all features mentioned above have been implemented and are now live on our server.

Good day and drive safely!

#5 2008-02-20 05:39:33

mdebusk

[quote=support team]We are glad to inform you that all features mentioned above have been implemented and are now live on our server.[/quote]
You folks are great!

#6 2008-07-26 12:23:31

jzsjr

Hello,

Is it possible in the service reminder setup to do something like "Oil Change every 5000 miles," instead of oil change at certain mileage numbers?
thanks,
Jim

#7 2008-07-26 19:50:53

support team
Administrator

Dear jzsjr,

You only need to put actual mileage when you create a reminder first time. Next time when you complete the service and create maintenance record - system will ask if you want to setup a new reminder and at that time it will ask after what number of miles and/or in what number of months you would like to be reminded. For oil change default values are 3 month and 3000 miles but you can change to whatever you prefer and system will remember your preference for consequent oil change reminders.
Feel free to create another reminder, complete it and see how system works, you can delete those test records afterward.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Board footer