Forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-19 17:05:35

prius03

help fight the battle of high gas prices!!!

Hi guys and girls!
I found this posting on the internet and wonder if this will actually work or not? Any opinions?

READ THIS AND EMAIL IT TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN, THEN HAVE THEM SEND IT TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS THEY CAN!

I hear we are going to hit close to a $3.49 a gallon by the summer. Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Somebody offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the don't buy gas on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.49 a gallon is super cheap. Me too! We all know that we're being screwed by the oil companies. Does everyone remember how they drove up the prices way past a dollar and got the gas prices to where they wanted them, claiming there was a shortage of oil. Well, there isn't any shortage now, and the oil is probably abundant as it was 35 years ago when the price of a gallon of gas was approx. 30 cents!!!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $2.49-$2.59, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we cant just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Heres the idea:
For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (names removed). If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of (name removed) buyers. Its really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and Ill explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to at least thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people... Well, lets face it, you just aren't a Mathematician. But I am. so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Ill bet you I didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.29 OR LESS RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK!!!!!!!

#2 2008-01-02 16:41:40

69Firebird400

Re: help fight the battle of high gas prices!!!

This won't work.  Not enough people will abide by this, and in some places, it's very inconvenient to travel to a non-ExxonMobil, etc. station.

I personally avoid Lukoil (Russia) and Citgo (Venezuela) for political reasons, and prefer Hess, but that doesn't mean if my car is running on fumes, I'd rather run out of gas than support those two.

At least this is a better idea than a "gas out" where everyone is supposed to not buy gas on a certain day.  Guess what - unless everyone telecommutes that day, they are still using just as much gas and will just make it up in the days before or after that date.

High gas prices are here, and unfortunately I don't think they're going away.

#3 2008-01-10 21:41:46

alty97

I agree with 69Firebird400, this won't work.
And since major gas companies trade their inventory with one another, you really cannot hurt them by now using particular brand. You will only hurt local guy who owns the particular station, but not big guys.

69Firebird400, do you have a picture of your car? That must be a nice one. Admins, could you please add that firebird to featured list? Thanks!

#4 2008-01-11 19:26:26

69Firebird400

Not my Firebird...it's my dad's.  He's close to retirement age, and I'm close to car collecting age, and I have right of first refusal on it if he ever decides to sell it (he's owned it for 14 years).  I helped him restore it in the early 1990s and wet sanded every inch of the car after all 7 coats of Hugger Orange laquer.

Anyway, here's a pic.
[img]_no_links_i49.photobucket.com/albums/f287/haaker069/The%20Collection/DSCF0924.jpg[/img]

I drive a 2004 Accord EX V6 and my wife drives a 2008 Sienna Limited AWD. smile

#5 2008-01-15 20:52:21

alty97

69Firebird400, thanks a lot for the pic, that's one sweet ride!

Board footer